St Joseph’s RC Primary School acknowledges the contribution of funds allocated by the Government specifically for children who access free school meals, Looked After children or children who have parents in the Armed Forces. This budget allocation is used resourcefully to ensure a significant impact in learning and to ensure each child reaches their maximum potential.
Pupil Premium Reporting to Parents
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at the same time.
- Much of our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress, particularly in Literacy and Numeracy.
- The Governors of the school will publish information on how they have used their Pupil Premium Grant to address the issue of ‘diminishing the difference’, for socially disadvantaged pupils.