The Mini Vinnies at St Joseph’s take their work very seriously and often think of initiatives to help the less fortunate within society – turning their ‘Concern into Action’.
Lots of their work is highlighted in our termly newsletters – whilst this gives an overview of some of their work.
- Project Paddington – presenting teddies to the Minister’s wife of Carville Methodist Church
- Christmas cards – for the SVP to send out to parishioners
- Easter cards
- Cake sale – fundraising for NEPAL Earthquake Appeal
- St Cuthbert’s Care Appeal – a variety of fundraising activities throughout Lent each year
- Operation Christmas Child – Shoebox Appeal
- Mini Vinnies took part in the Easter Triduum at St Joseph’s
- Mini Vinnies in Y6 serve soup lunches to parishioners during Lent and this is now done on a twice monthly basis
- Enterprise stall – Y6 pupils manned an enterprise stall with a TA to raise money for the SVP
- Children co-ordinated and presented harvest donations to the Durham Foodbank and helped collate food parcels for nominated families